Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mirror, Mirror, on the Floor...

Another project finished and another technique attempted. I found this large mirror at a yard sale for a whopping $2.50. I used the same paint and glaze from The Green Cabinet project, matte white vinyl and glass etching cream. This is the first time I have used glass etching cream. I started by testing it out on a random piece of glass I had in the craft room. It looked great. I've found a great new technique! Now, I don't love it as much as glazing, but I love it! It's not hung yet because it seems that I've used all the heavy duty hangers for other things. Oh, and I like how this project turned out as well.

Before some elbow grease and a razor blade to get the sticker stuff off:



 
And after paint, glaze, vinyl & glass etching cream:



Close up of the vinyl/glass detail:


1 comment:

  1. Amazing! Looks great, I've never tempted fate with glazing, but I think I'm going to have to try soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete